Friday, November 7, 2008

just something I did when I was in school....enjoy..

This is something I wrote in my Creative Thinking class when I was in school last year....or two years before that (I think) lol..but anyways I just thought I'd share it with you lovely bloggers and non-bloggers... I'm not into poetries or into words but it was my first Haiku...oh by the way if you don't know what a Haiku is.. by the way it's Haiku (HI-coo).. Haiku is a poetic form and a type of poetry from the Japanese culture. Haiku combines form, content, and language in a meaningful, yet compact form. Haiku poets, which you will soon be, write about everyday things. Many themes include nature, feelings, or experiences. Usually they use simple words and grammar. The most common form for Haiku is three short lines. The first line usually contains five (5) syllables, the second line seven (7) syllables, and the third line contains five (5) syllables. Haiku doesn't rhyme. A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry! Check out some Haiku at Haiku Salon (see Lesson 2 for the link). ************************************************************************************ * *
ENJOY MY WONDERFUL HAIKU

I set my time yet,
I still woke up late for school
I got to school early
It’s nice outside
Yet it’s a little too cool
I like that weather
You really hurt me
I really liked you
I do believe life goes on
I miss you a lot
But do you miss me?
I wish you were here right now

I live in Brooklyn
Though I’m a city person
I love the city
The Homeless man there
He’s homeless but has knowledge
There’s still hope for him
Although I can’t see
But I can hear pretty well
She’s still a smart girl
Right now I’m throbbing
Can I take care of it now?
When class is over
That feels so good
Please continue loving me
Ouch! That really hurts!
I was once happy
Until you walked away, gone
But today is a new day
Please come back to me
Guess what? I never loved you
Sorry I missed you
Don’t stop loving me!
No! Yes! Please don’t stop right there
I missed everything
She was once loved
She feels so lonely
The world turns their back on her
Sitting in this class
Thinking of you and misses you
Should I ask the same?
These beautiful Haiku are by Valerie Pierre-Louis

it's so shouldn't be like that but these formats are killing me...bear with me.

but every 3 lines has a space..

Link

1 comment:

m said...

ha ha, ok, for a minute i thought you'd changed the haiku form and i was excited that finally someone had done away with the annoying 3 lines! then i saw the comment at the end :) love yo haiku though, it's fresh, but i won't be trying it coz i'm not that organized :)